About the job
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Geomorphologist to join our Ports, Coastal, and Water Resources team on a full-time basis based in British Columbia (Vancouver or Victoria preferred). As a Geomorphologist, you will provide geoscience expertise on multi-disciplinary civil, geotechnical, and mining projects in BC, across Canada, and internationally.
Your role will include leading teams, mentoring more junior staff, and providing planning, nature-based design, geohazards, climate change, and construction expertise for water resources, civil engineering, and environmental projects in diverse sectors.
An Overview Of Your Role Will Include
- Participating with a variety of geoscience and engineering projects from the proposal stage, planning, design and construction
- Leading or managing multi-disciplinary project teams, collaborating and working efficiently with engineers, scientists, and managers at all levels, and communicating effectively with clients
- Performing sedimentologic analysis including sediment yield, sediment transport, resuspension of sediments and sediment fate studies
- Performing hydrologic analysis including flood and drought analysis, sustainability and climate change analysis and water management studies
- Performing geomorphic analysis including channel stability, beach and riverbank erosion, terrain mapping, and landform studies
- Performing geoscience analysis to support design and assessment of surface water works including bridges, dikes, dams, diversions, water intakes, pump stations, surface water outlets to rivers, pipeline crossings and mine infrastructure, river restoration and shoreline restoration. Experience with numerical hydrodynamic models to support geoscience analysis is preferred
- Managing multiple project deadlines, budgets, and scope changes
- Preparation of tender packages including drawings, technical specifications, and construction cost estimates
- Providing geoscience support during construction
- Developing and sustaining positive business relationships
- Offering innovative solutions to clients through business development initiatives
- Providing technical direction and mentoring to junior staff
- Working with Golder clients to provide detailed design and construction support for large surface water and water management projects
You Will Have a Background In
- Degree in Physical Geography or Earth Sciences (with experience or a focus on geohazards assessment, sediment transport, nature-based design, erosion protection, construction administration and site inspections)
- You must be a geoscientist registered as a Professional Geoscientist, or eligible for immediate registration as a Professional Geoscientist, in British Columbia
- Have a proven track record of developing and strengthening client relationships
- Previous experience in water resources / hydrotechnical projects
- Good communication, leadership, problem solving, mentoring, writing, and people skills
- Exhibit a high degree of motivation, strategic planning, self-starting capability and able to work autonomously
- A team player and the ability to motivate and lead by example
- High ethical standards and integrity
- Ability to write proposals and technical reports
- Committed to technical excellence
- Critical thinking skills for problem solving able to manage and develop business relationships
Your Benefits At Golder Will Include
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring, and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 15 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder, now a member of WSP, is a leading, global consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder’s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder Associates Ltd. is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), and all other applicable legislation. Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.
Primary Location CA-BC-VANCOUVER
Other Locations CA-BC-VICTORIA, CA-BC-KELOWNA
Employee Status Regular
Travel Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Posting Jun 1, 2021, 12:59:42 AM
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Golder is a member of WSP. Together we are the leading global environmental consulting firm. #WeAreWSP #GolderProud