This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
This opportunity exists for an experienced professional, a graduate or postgraduate scientist majoring in occupational hygiene, chemistry, or related field.
The role will require liaising with clients and stakeholders, field work, sampling and testing, report writing and preparation of quotes. Opportunity for Senior Consultant role exists for the right applicant.
The candidate we are looking for may have one or more of the following attributes:
- Applicants with an understanding of indoor air quality, hazardous materials, occupational hygiene and/or dangerous goods would be highly regarded.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong academic record.
- Ability to apply scientific knowledge and principles to real-world problems.
- The ability to work independently and within a team.
- Applicants who hold membership with the AIOH, NABERS, GreenStar, WELL and/or LAA will be highly regarded.
- Valid Australian driver’s license preferred.
As a consultant at CETEC, you will help deliver a wide variety of projects which will draw on your skill to assess chemical and occupational risks. Specialised training on the topics of environmental health assessment techniques and the built environment will be provided. The position may require both interstate and international travel for some projects with a duration of a 2-10 of days as when travel conditions allow, the NSW team delivers projects across Australia, Asia and Europe.
As a team of international expert opinion leaders, we continue to set standards that shape the property industry, built environment, OHS, environmental consulting & strategic commercial risk management making a positive difference to people’s lives.
At CETEC we take pride in our flat organisational structure, our breadth of expertise and our ability to develop and foster great minds.
CETEC’s core areas of expertise include:
- Indoor air and indoor environment quality (IEQ/IAQ) investigations, audits, training and assessments for occupant health, wellbeing and productivity.
- Building Air Tightness Testing for GreenStar credits and energy performance
- WELL Building Standard testing and performance verification
- NABERS audits for Indoor Environment, Energy, Water and Waste
- Hazard risk management for contaminated or complex sites – soil, chemicals, radioactive materials, asbestos and other hazardous substances, including audits, decontamination and remediation management.
- Specialist design support and risk evaluation for new and complex facilities, including laboratories and hospitals.
- Microbiology testing and consulting services, including Legionella risk management and water quality in healthcare and other high-risk facilities
- Laboratory measurement of emissions from building materials and other materials testing.
- Materials Science; polymers, corrosion, toxicity, product development.
- Expert Witness.
CETEC is Australia's leading provider of specialist technical risk management solutions operating across a diverse mix of iconic assignments in multiple industries.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Professional Scientific Solutions since 1987