Sustainability Program Consultant
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms, bringing together approximately 5,500 talented people across more than 50 offices in Australia and New Zealand. We are policy and technical experts who provide strategic advice and practical solutions to assist our clients and communities.
The Healthy Communities and Regions (HCR) team sits within the Advisory, Engagement and Digital (AED) business group at WSP. We are a multidisciplinary team making a difference to cities and regions, communities and organisations. We are national leaders in providing professional services in strategy and policy, sustainability, natural resource policy, and urban and regional planning.
A new role has been created for a Sustainability Program Consultant to join our team in Sydney.
You will deliver best-practice sustainability strategies, support social research and engagement across natural resource policy with a focus on waste, biodiversity, and water, as well as undertake program evaluation and assessment.
Day To Day, You Will
- Design and undertake research in support of natural resource policy and programs on topics including climate change adaptation and resilience, biodiversity conservation, waste management, circular economy and water resources
- Develop and implement stakeholder and community engagement activities involving workshops, focus groups, interviews, meetings and surveys
- Collate and analyse quantitative and qualitative research
- Design and implement evaluation programs to monitor, evaluate and report on key natural resource policy and program delivery
- Manage your own projects/workflow and support senior staff to deliver medium to large-scale complex sustainability strategy and policy review projects
- Explore opportunities to engage new clients by leveraging existing relationships
- Travel may be required depending on project requirements
What We’ll Love About You
You have experience in delivering sustainability, resilience and natural resource policy research and analysis, and you are comfortable with public engagement.
Like us, you’re passionate about environmental sustainability and are comfortable working across disciplines to support policy development and program delivery.
You Will Also Bring
- Strategic thinking – understanding the client perspective in a changing policy environment from the local to international level
- Strong interpersonal skills – effective relationship building with communities, stakeholders and clients, is core to our work
- Excellent written communication skills – you enjoy writing and can convert technical and data rich material into advice and graphics accessible for all
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Understanding of resource policy, environmental policy and sustainable development frameworks
- Experience in one or more of climate change adaptation and resilience plans, biodiversity policy, and/or waste or water planning
- Familiarity with international, national and state-based sustainability and natural resource guidelines, rating tools and policy is highly desired
If you a member of a First Nations communities or come from a refugee or asylum seeker background we encourage you to apply.
What We Will Offer You
At WSP we provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many personal and professional development opportunities that are aimed to help you deliver your best self to the role whilst managing your personal life in balance. We have been recognised for the second consecutive year as a Great Place to Work® with year-on-year increases in employee engagement.
Some of the many benefits we offer our employees include:
- Flexible working hours and working from home
- Global mobility
- Parental leave and purchased additional annual leave
- Corporate employee discounts and offers
- Salary continuance insurance
- Wellness at work & social club
- Workplace giving /volunteering
- Employee reward & recognition program
- Professional and technical development opportunities
Your application has been successfully submitted.
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms.