Director Energy Management and Sustainability
Work Location(s): Roseland, NJ, US
San Dimas, CA
El Paso, TX
This position is on a hybrid model of 3 days in the office weekly.
Director of Sustainability, ADP Corporate Real Estate/Global WorkPlace Solutions reporting to Sr Leadership within ADP CRE/GWP. Requires a strong focus for sustainability, combined with a broad understanding and practical application of design, social, environmental, and economic factors, within commercial office built and operating environment,
The Director will guide and work closely with ADP’s leadership and design teams, collaborate with external sustainability and resilience experts to continuously improve, guide and execute a comprehensive and integrated strategy to achieve ADP’s commitment for Green House Gas emission reduction.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Influence and inspire leadership toward achieving ADP’s sustainability and resilience goals, consistent with ADP’s mission and vision statements.
- Provide leadership and expertise for sustainability, monitoring emerging trends, programs, and issues, and communicating and educating others on sustainability topics
- Integrate sustainable design into core processes and decision-making by consulting on projects
- Regularly update the Sustainability Action Plan per the AIA 2030 Commitment and ADP’s objectives
- Devise policies and procedures for reporting ADP’s firmwide project data through the AIA Design Data Exchange (DDx)
- Lead ADP’s Corporate Real Estate sustainability committee, ADP 2050, and its associated initiatives
- Validate the metrics for tracking ADP’s carbon footprint and facilitate the implementation of programs to reduce ADP’s carbon footprint.
Present and contribute demonstrated expertise to promote sustainability goals to ADP’s clients achieving positive outcomes
Education And Experience
- Minimum 10 years of experience applying sustainability practices in the Commercial Office built environment, with experience in LEED Project/O&M and building performance modeling.
- Minimum 4-year degree in Architecture, Engineering, Environmental Science, or related field.
- Licensed Architect/Engineer/Building Scientist (Preferred)
- Advanced understanding of the principles of sustainable design, building science, environmental analysis, energy modeling, carbon neutrality, zero carbon, and embodied carbon
- Proven experience in the application of project design strategies including building reuse, design option comparisons, system optimization, and materials and products impact assessments
- Practical experience with the AIA 2030 Commitment and project data reporting through the Design Data Exchange (DDx)
- Understanding and experience with ESG reporting and criteria as it relates to client needs
- LEED AP with Specialty (BD+C or ID+C) with LEED project experience
- Strong working knowledge of Life-cycle assessment and design integration software, carbon calculation, and selection, specification, and procurement of low-carbon building products
- High proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) and a literacy with Design Technology software (AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp, Photoshop, etc.)
- Position requires domestic and international travel up to 50% of the time.
Actual salary may be above or below this range based on factors such as location,
skills, and relevant experience. In addition, this position may include additional
compensation in the form of bonus, equity, or commissions.
If you are a full-time salaried or hourly worker, we offer the following benefits:
– Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Matched 401(k), Student Loan
Repayment Program, Wellness Program, Short- and Long-Term Disability,
Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Paid
Volunteer Time Off, and more.
For California, salary range for this role is: $90,800 – $184,200/year
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at ADP: ADP affirms that inequality is detrimental to our associates, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, color, genetic information, creed, national origin, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected veteran status and will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of a disability. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Ethics at ADP: ADP has a long, proud history of conducting business with the highest ethical standards and full compliance with all applicable laws. We also expect our people to uphold our values with the highest level of integrity and behave in a manner that fosters an honest and respectful workplace. Click https://jobs.adp.com/life-at-adp/ to learn more about ADP’s culture and our full set of values.