Executive Director, Global Public Affairs, China
The Executive Director of Global Public Affairs is a critical role that will lead the operationalization and execution of the Global Communications and Global Public Affairs Strategy across functions, regions and brands with a focus on China to ultimately enhance speed, execution of company strategy and collaboration across teams and regions. The leader in this role will help the GC & GPA function to transform capabilities to ensure we support and enable the execution of our strategy.
Reporting into the SVP, Global Public Affairs and supported by the Assistant Manager, Global Public Affairs, the Executive Director will closely partner with the EVP, Global Communications & Public Affairs to be a key partner for the Company’s Brands, Functions, and Regional teams to drive efficient and effective execution for our business.
The Executive Director will bring both a global and China expertise and viewpoint to the corporate team through leadership, analysis, and insights to facilitate enterprise decisions.
Company Engagement in China
- Partner with Global and China-based colleagues including the VP Public Affairs-China and VP Communications-China, to support the execution of the company’s engagement strategy in China and the U.S., including New York-based executives.
- Support development of strategic company initiatives in China from both local and global perspectives and across business units including Transformation, Global Citizenship and Sustainability, and Travel Retail.
- Continue to drive strong relationships across geographies, particularly between the NY and China-based teams.
- Draft memorandum, PowerPoints, news and vetting summaries and analyses across company engagement strategies.
- Lead coordination and management of ELC participation in forums, events, and trade association engagements on China.
- Drive internal information sharing within the global communications & public affairs teams related to best practices, key engagements, etc.
Company and Brand Stewardship
- Initiate and analyze geopolitical risk assessments to enable prioritization of risk mitigation strategies.
- Partner SVP Global Corporate Affairs to engage with brands on geopolitical risk preparation and vetting matters.
- Work closely with the GC & GPA and global teams to proactively identify issues with enterprise implications or risks and collaborate to facilitate risk mitigation preparation; ensure stakeholder teams receive robust awareness and training to successfully prepare.
- Assist with crisis management as needed.
ESG Communications Partnership
- Partner with ESG communications team to ensure alignment and collaboration around China’s Environmental, Social and Governance communications and programs.
- 10+ years of public affairs, public policy, or communications experience, with a strong preference towards roles in in government, politics, and/or a multi-branded retail company or other industry with high-profile consumer brand.
- Strategic, independent, self-starter with a positive, proactive, team player attitude who can build strong relationships with colleagues across business functions.
- Strong organizational, project management, and problem-solving skills; ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment is key.
- Highly analytical, strong communicator with the ability to synthesize information and offer recommendations/solutions.
- Excellent writing skills and an ability to produce summaries and briefing memos on quick deadlines.
- Strong track record in managing multiple processes and projects through collaborative relationships; ability to demonstrate professional maturity in challenging situations/dynamics.
- Bachelor’s degree required; JD or advanced degree in political science, public policy, or communications strongly preferred.
- Fluent in both written and conversational English required; fluency in a second language is an advantage.
The anticipated base salary range for this position is $149,500 to $257,000. Exact salary depends on several factors such as experience, skills, education, and budget. Salary range may vary based on geographic location. In addition to base salary, this position is eligible for participation in a highly competitive bonus program with possibility for overachievement based on performance and company results as well as participation in the share incentive plan.
In addition, The Estée Lauder Companies offers a variety of benefits to eligible employees, including health insurance coverage, wellness and family support programs, life and disability insurance, retirement savings plans, paid leave programs, education-related programs, paid holidays and vacation time, and many others. Many of these benefits are subsidized or fully paid for by the company.
Job Communications / Public Relations
Primary Location US-NY-New York
Job Type Standard
Shift 1st (Day) Shift
Job Number 235441
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. It is Company's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. The Company will endeavor to provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with the law to otherwise qualified employees and prospective employees with a disability and to employees and prospective employees with needs related to their religious observance or practices. Should you wish to apply for this position or any other position with the Company and you believe you require assistance to complete an application or participate in an interview, please contact USApplicantAccommodations@Estee.com.