Consultant, Climate Change (Associate Level)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
ERM CLIMATE CHANGE TEAM
ERM is a leading global provider of climate risk, environmental, health, safety, social and sustainability services. Over the last four years, we have worked with more than half of the Global 500 companies. We have 5,500 professional staff working in 160 offices in over 40 countries around the world.
Our climate change team has been established for more than 20 years and is widely recognised for delivering high quality and technically challenging projects across the full range of climate-related services. Our work includes supporting clients in the development and implementation of greenhouse gas (GHG) inventories and reduction targets, energy and carbon regulatory compliance, and preparing advice on climate-related strategy and policy, including issues within both energy transition and physical risk. We have a diverse client base which includes corporates across most sectors, as well as financial and government institutions.
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE
Due to significant growth in demand for our corporate GHG accounting, reporting and emissions reduction services, there is an opportunity for an enthusiastic, experienced individual to join our climate change consultancy team.
The Successful Candidate Will Join Our Multidisciplinary Team, Supporting ERM’s Client Organisations On a Range Of Challenges Related To Energy And Climate Change, Including, But Not Limited To
- Accounting of greenhouse gas emissions (scopes 1, 2 and 3 emissions)
- Reducing emissions by setting targets and through the application of renewable energy, energy efficiency, new technologies, carbon offsets and removals.
- Reporting climate performance in annual sustainability reports and CDP disclosures.
- Delivering compliance with energy and climate change related regulations.
- GHG assessments and climate change risk assessments for major capital projects.
- Physical climate change and low carbon transition risk assessments, including alignment to the TCFD recommendations.
Our role as consultant is to help our clients to achieve their sustainable development objectives, and to effectively manage their related business risks and opportunities.
The team interacts continually with ERM’s other practice areas, and in particular the successful candidate will work closely with the rest of the climate change team, with the opportunity to assist clients in areas such as: sustainability strategy; environmental and social impact assessment; transactional due diligence; EHS performance management and assurance; and risk management, to deliver value-added services to ERM’s international client base.
- Relevant technical degree. A Masters would be an advantage and we are particularly interested to recruit individuals with process engineering or similar qualifications.
- 2-5 years’ experience in environmental consulting / climate change / related industry position.
- Heavy industry (metals, process, O&G) specific sector experience would be an advantage, as would experience of other high-impact/high complexity industries to bring a broader knowledge to the team.
- Good experience and knowledge of GHG accounting and reporting principles, mechanisms, methodologies and schemes, e.g. GHG Protocol, API Compendium, SBTi, EEIO etc.
- Able to proactively identify and suggest suitable methodologies, and articulate why they are the preferred method both internally and to clients.
- Good awareness / appreciation of:
- Climate legislation and the drivers for our clients taking action.
- Management systems.
- MACC analysis / economic analysis of GHG/energy reductions.
- Links between energy and climate change.
- Proficiency in using MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Strong Excel capabilities – advanced functionality and the ability to build complex tools, with the willingness and ability to further upskill.
- Experience of data manipulation and visualisation tools in addition to Excel would be an advantage.
- Experience of managing small/mid-sized projects or tasks within larger projects.
- Efficient and effective project planning (i.e. managing work and deliverables; an element of resourcing and budgeting would be ideal).
- Ability to manage/deliver multiple projects/tasks in parallel with different requirements and timelines.
- Some business development/proposal writing experience.
- Highly numerate and comfortable with large datasets including conversions and calculations.
- Good written and oral presentation skills.
- Good technical writing skills and ability to synthesise reports to a very high standard.
Characteristics And Soft Skills
- Excellent time management skills.
- Evidence of client exposure; good client communication skills, i.e. confident being in meetings without more senior consultants.
- Mentoring / people management skills.
- Bright and with clear passion/drive to be in this field.
- Adaptable, committed and dependable team player.
- Both logical and lateral thinking.
- Problem solving – the ability to think something through and discuss possible solutions rather than just focusing on the problem.
- Well organised.
- Willing to learn and take on feedback.
- Confident and reliable when working independently.
- Approachable, responsive and inquisitive.
- Takes pride in their work and delivers outputs to a high standard.
- Proactive, self-motivated and generally enthusiastic.
Other Requirements Of The Role
- Enthusiasm, energy and a desire to work in a dynamic team within an international consultancy.
- Motivated and willing to take the initiative to make things happen; quick to learn new skills and develop in new subject areas related to climate finance.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively, through good report-writing skills and strong presentational skills.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics
- Environmental Services Civil Engineering Oil & Energy
- Business Development Sales
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The business of sustainability