Environmental Health and Safety Consultant
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
The Environmental Health and Safety Consultant will be a subject matter expert providing support, advice and guidance to the business unit with respect to all Health and Safety activities and Environmental Programs.
The incumbent is expected to behave ethically and follow the established code of business conduct, policies and internal control procedures, laws and regulations governing Toronto Hydro.
- The development, implementation and monitoring of effective environment, health and safety systems including associated programs and procedures.
- Driving continual improvement in systems, processes, technological changes and methodology.
- Conduct health and safety inspections, audits and risk assessments.
- Support incident investigation completion.
- Conduct data analysis, prepare various reports, proposals and recommendations.
- Deliver quality and on time completion of health and safety projects.
- Leads, manages and/or support multiple client assignments and associated projects including those involving internal and external resources.
- Support return to work activities.
- Keeps current with health and safety best practices, legislation changes, new developments and trends.
- Waste management co-ordination of the polychlorinated biphenyl (PCB) Management program, Hazardous waste management program and the Recycling program.
- Liaise with Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development (MoLTSD) for reporting requirements, work refusals, complaints, investigations.
- Spill Response: Ministry of Environment, Conservation and Parks (MoECP) and Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC) contact for issues related to spills, receive spill report forms.
- Participate in emergency response activities.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with applicable safety and environmental legislation.
- Deliver training for employees on programs as required.
- University degree in Health and Safety, Environmental Science, or related field.
- Five (5) or more years of progressive experience in environmental, health, safety, or industrial hygienist related work.
- Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) designation preferred.
- Certificate in Environmental Health and Safety preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with the development, implementation and monitoring of an environment, health and safety management system.
- Thorough understanding of Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) Legislation and Regulations, Environmental Protection Act, MoLTSD and MoECP practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of return to work initiatives.
- In-depth understanding of Utility policies and practices, Rule Book and other government and bylaws pertaining to distribution equipment and personnel.
- Demonstrates an innovative approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrates a commitment to continual improvement.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Results driven and strong organizational/ time management skills.
- Strong ability to influence and persuade others.
- Utilities Government Administration Financial Services
- Management Manufacturing
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Utilities Toronto, ON