This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
Take advantage of what is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to influence thinking & construction practices on environment & sustainability
- Leave a legacy with NZ'S largest infrastructure project
- Integrate sustainability in design, construction, operation & maintenance
- Set benchmarks in sustainable and environmental performance
The City Rail Link Project is the largest transport infrastructure project undertaken in New Zealand and has already attracted global attention for its exceptional environmental and sustainability outcomes. The scope of the 5-year rail project’s largest and most complex works package comprises the design, construction and 15+ year maintenance solution for the City Rail’s tunnels, stations and systems. This includes two new stations (at Aotea and Karangahape Road), a new connection and redeveloped station at Mt Eden, and the underground tunnels connecting these stations.
The consortium of large local and international constructors and designers delivering this package is the Link Alliance, and our team includes Vinci Construction Grands Projet S.A.S, Downer NZ, Soletanche Bachy International NZ , WSP Opus (NZ), AECOM New Zealand and Tonkin + Taylor.
By building on the project’s major successes to date, our team is planning to lead and influence the success of environmental and sustainability practices on the project. We are 100 per cent committed to taking advantage of what is a 'once-in-a-lifetime opportunity' to influence and change local and international thinking and construction practice around environment and sustainability. As such, we're looking for a Sustainability Advisor who is both passionate, technically skilled, and has a talent for collaborative working.
The purpose of this position is to promote and facilitate the integration of sustainability principles into the delivery of the Link Alliance project, and to oversee the sustainability performance of the Alliance and its sub-contractors, maintaining high standards including achievement of an ‘Excellent’ rating in the Infrastructure Sustainability Council of Australia’s Infrastructure Sustainability (IS) rating scheme.
Key tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Champion the incorporation of sustainability principles into the design and construction of the City Rail Link
- Manage the delivery of the design and as-built IS rating requirements for the Alliance relevant to your work area
- Identify environmental, social, cultural and economic risks and opportunities, and work to incorporate responses to them into the project
- Implement a robust site inspection programme to regularly check and verify that agreed processes are being correctly and effectively implemented
- Carry out planned audits and report to the Alliance Management Team on the implementation and effectiveness of the environmental and sustainability management systems
- Manage the collection, collation and interpretation of sustainability data collected for the Project and report performance to the Alliance Management Team
- Provide coaching to upskill operational teams
- Tertiary qualification in Sustainability, Environmental Science, Engineering or related discipline
- 5-10 years’ experience in environmental or sustainability field
- Operational experience in the application of environmental and sustainability management principles in the construction industry
- Knowledge of environmental stewardship, legislation and associated regulations
- Specialist knowledge in at least one of the following areas – sustainable procurement, carbon footprinting, climate change, waste management, data management, urban design
- Clear demonstration of coaching and mentoring capabilities that empower others to own and lead a positive sustainability culture
- Experience with implementing sustainability rating frameworks (desired)
- Infrastructure Sustainability Accredited Professional (ISAP) (desired)
- You will be a great communicator with the ability to engage people across various areas of the project. You will be committed to transparency, professionalism, innovation and continuous improvement.
Apply today and join the team that is delivering the largest transport infrastructure project ever undertaken in New Zealand!
All successful applicants will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test and medical.
*Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies for the Link Alliance. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Proudly delivering the main stations and tunnels of the City Rail Link - Auckland's game changer for transport.