Coordinator Environmental Health
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
If you are a qualified Environmental Health Officer with Local Government experience who:
· has the desire to make a difference using your skills and knowledge;
· is able to work autonomously;
· prides yourself on your exceptional customer service skills; and
· is seeking a work/life balance;
Then this unique opportunity is for you!
This exciting position will best suit someone who thrives on going above and beyond, has a personable approach and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
At the Town of Mosman Park, our people are at the heart of everything we do.
Each day, we are encouraged to work with purpose and passion so that together, we can shape the future of our Town and make a remarkable difference to our community.
Mosman Park is located approximately 14km from Perth and a stone’s throw from Fremantle. Nestled between Cottesloe, Peppermint Grove, and North Fremantle; we are uniquely positioned between the picturesque Indian Ocean and the beautiful shores of the Swan River.
We are a small and vibrant local government, focused on connecting with our close-knit community between river and sea.
We are a values driven organisation proud to be serving our community with luscious green spaces and built environment. If you are looking to work with an organisation who truly believes their workforce is their most important asset and promotes a positive and friendly working environment then the Town of Mosman Park could be the workplace for you.
Things you'll be proud of:
• Working for an organisation that keeps our community at the heart of all we do.
• Being a positive brand ambassador for the Town of Mosman Park.
• Having values aligned to those of the organisation.
· Permanent, part-time position
· 22.8 hours a week (0.6FTE) - equivalent to three days a week
We are currently seeking a dynamic professional with demonstrated skills and knowledge in environmental health who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment. You will be an effective communicator with tertiary qualifications in Environmental Health and have well-developed skills in customer service, critical thinking, problem solving and decision making.
You will experience a diverse role working across all aspects of the environmental health functions including:
· Managing the day to day operations of Environmental Health Services and provide support and advice to the Chief of Planning and Development, ensuring strategic outcomes and organisational goals and objectives are achieved.
· Demonstrate leadership within the organisation.
· Provide specialist technical advice on all Environmental Health matters.
· Proactive and responsive monitoring and education of food premises, skin penetration premises, on-site wastewater management systems and public aquatic facilities;
· Investigate, manage and resolve public health, environmental and noise complaints;
· Provide high quality technical advice to Town Planning and Building services through the timely completion of development application referrals; and
· Liaise with, and provide assistance and advice to a variety of stakeholders including Council staff, consultants, residents, State Government Departments and agencies.
Things you'll do:
· You will have the ability to work autonomously;
· You will have highly developed time management, organisational and problem solving skills;
· You will be a true team-player with a genuine interest in sharing your skills and experience to help empower others.
· You will have the ability to quickly build effective relationships, have a strong understanding of good customer service.
Things you'll be proud of:
· Working for an organisation that keeps our community at the heart of all we do.
· Being a positive brand ambassador for the Town of Mosman Park.
· Having values aligned to those of the organisation.
The successful applicant will possess;
ü Relevant experience in a similar role, within Local Government.
ü Degree or Postgraduate tertiary qualifications in Environmental Health accredited by Environmental Health Australia or qualifications and experience that are substantially equivalent and appropriate to undertake the role of Environmental Health Officer.
ü Demonstrated knowledge and experience applying relevant legislation to undertake the key accountabilities of an Environmental Health Officer.
ü Demonstrated skills in proactive coordination, development, implementation and review of health and environmental programs.
ü Excellent interpersonal, conflict resolution, negotiation, facilitation and public speaking.
ü Eligibility for appointment as “Authorised Noise Officer”.
ü Possess highly developed written and verbal communications skills including the ability to communicate with a range of stakeholders, both internal and external.
ü Proven ability to employ good judgement and effectively utilise discretion in a regulatory environment.
The following would be desirable but not essential:
· Experience in process mapping, review and development.
The recruitment process requires applicants to obtain a police clearance and undergo a pre-employment medical, including a drug and alcohol assessment.
Salary Range: is depending on skills and experience. $80,889 - $94,774 per annum pro rata, plus superannuation.
By joining us, you’ll have access to amazing lifestyle benefits and entitlements to help you achieve your full potential:
• Entitlements: 17.5% leave loading, 2 extra days of leave each year
• Additional superannuation (subject to individual contribution)
• Flexible working arrangements
• Professional development opportunities
• Wellness programs, including an Employee Assistance Program
• Free parking, and close to public transport.
Information: Human Resources on 9383 6600.
How to Apply:
Applicants are expected to submit the following:
- Video submission introducing themselves and answering the following question:
What main strength you will bring to this new position?
- Written application including resume, cover letter and statement addressing the Selection Criteria.
Complete applications should be emailed to email@example.com
Close Date: 9am, Monday 2 August 2021
The Town reserves the right to commence recruitment prior to this date.
Applicants are required to demonstrate a commitment to the Town of Mosman Park’s ACE values of Accountability, Connection and Excellence.
The Town of Mosman Park has an inclusive working environment with employees from a variety of backgrounds. We acknowledge that diversity in the workforce, increases the effectiveness of teams. We welcome applications from Indigenous people, workers of all ages, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We’re a close-knit local government and community nestled between the picturesque Indian Ocean and Swan River.