Director Senior Director, Strategic Business Development - State Health and Medicaid
About the job
Mathematica applies expertise at the intersection of data, methods, policy, and practice to improve well-being around the world. We collaborate closely with public- and private-sector partners to translate big questions into deep insights that improve programs, refine strategies, and enhance understanding using data science and analytics. Our work yields actionable information to guide decisions in wide-ranging areas, from health, education, early childhood, and family support to nutrition, employment, disability, and international development. Mathematica offers our employees competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of being 100 percent employee owned. As an employee stock owner, you will experience financial benefits of ESOP holdings that have increased in tandem with the company’s growth and financial strength. You will also be part of an independent, employee-owned firm that is able to define and further our mission, enhance our quality and accountability, and steadily grow our financial strength. Learn more about our benefits here.
We are seeking a dynamic, team-oriented technology professional with experience bringing digital solutions for data science and analytics to the State Health and Medicaid market. In this role, you will lead activities such as developing customer relationships that lead to new business, responding to RFPs, acquisition and management of technology partners and teammates, and product and platform go-to-market activities such as the development of prototypes, pricing, licensing, and market research. This person will work remotely for the time-being during the pandemic.
- Engage potential customers to develop relationships that lead to new business
- Provide leadership and oversight to responses to RFPs, including the development of technical proposal language and budget specifications
- Build and maintain a team of software and digital technology partners, and manage teaming and subcontractor agreements
- Lead go-to-market activities for digital product and platform solutions
- Contribute to the strategic framework for Mathematica’s ongoing business development activities in State Heath and State Medicaid work
- Evaluate and make recommendations to leadership to develop new technical solutions, partner with existing businesses to offer mature technical solutions for clients, or acquire businesses to enhance Mathematica’s technical solutions portfolio
- Work collaboratively across technology and advisory services teams
- Stay connected to technical project delivery by serving in a high-level oversight role
- Identify current and future staffing resources necessary to win future and deliver on current work
- Coordinate the communication of highly specialized policy and technology outputs to client leads
- 5-10 years demonstrated experience with customer acquisition and retention working directly with economic buyers, leading responses to RFPs including capture planning activities, developing and managing a team of partners, and navigating the connection of sales and delivery teams pre- and post-sales
- 5-10 years of experience applying technology to provide solutions for decision makers regarding complex policy issues; 5-10 years of experience leading go-to-market activities for digital product and platform solutions for data science and analytics
- 5-10 years of experience working with cross-functional technology and advisory services teams in a public policy consulting context
- 5-10 years of experience working in state health policy or health research
- 5-10 years of experience with health care projects, knowledge of state Medicaid programs and data, including APCDs
- 10+ years demonstrated experience with customer acquisition and retention working directly with economic buyers, leading responses to RFPs including capture planning activities, developing and managing a team of partners, and navigating the connection of sales and delivery teams pre- and post-sales
- 10+ years of experience applying technology to provide solutions for decision makers regarding complex policy issues; 10+ years of experience leading go-to-market activities for digital product and platform solutions for data science and analytics
- 10+ years of experience working with cross-functional technology and advisory services teams in a public policy consulting context
- 10+ years of experience working in state health policy or health research
- 10+ years of experience with health care projects, knowledge of state Medicaid programs and data, including APCDs
Both Senior Director And Director Will Have
- Preferably a Graduate degree
- Working knowledge of digital processes, technologies, and tools such as Agile, Jira, Confluence, and Tableau
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products
- Experience building and leading teams
- Enthusiastic, highly team-oriented, able to work in a matrixed environment on a fast-moving, growing team
- Strongly preferred: experience working with one or more state agencies to design, develop, implement, configure, or integrate health information systems
This position offers an anticipated annual base salary range of $150,000 - $230,000. This position is eligible for an annual bonus, based on company and individual performance.
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on the project. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, location preference, and salary expectations.
Available Locations: Remote; Washington, DC; Woodlawn, MD; Princeton, NJ; Ann Arbor, MI; Cambridge, MA; Chicago, IL; Seattle, WA; Oakland, CA
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Public Policy Research
- Business Development Strategy/Planning Consulting
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Reimagining data. Illuminating the path to progress for public and private sector changemakers. #ProgressTogether