Environmental Sustainability Project Manager – Waste and Engagement
Environmental Sustainability Project Manager
(Zero Waste and Engagement)
The Environmental Sustainability Project Manager will join the team responsible for leading the design and execution of strategies to deliver against The Walt Disney Company (TWDC) Environmental Sustainability Goals for the Disneyland Resort (DLR) site and adjacent properties. The manager will actively partner across all business functions at DLR and other environmental sustainability teams across the company to develop and optimize existing plans, influence decision making, and drive the implementation of initiatives.
Our ideal candidate will be self-motivated and driven to hold themselves to the highest level of performance. This candidate will have proven abilities and experience driving measurable outcomes in a cross-functional environment. Additionally, a true passion for actively developing our Cast & Business to higher levels of growth are critical. Broad technical and industry knowledge & influence will also be key to this candidate's success in leading and driving our team.
Deep industry expertise and solutions implementation
- Serve as the DLR environmental sustainability team subject matter expert on zero waste strategies and strategic Cast and guest engagement campaigns to influence improved participation in resort waste reduction programs.
- Lead the design and implementation of priority initiatives, through active project management responsibilities.
- Drive innovation for priority initiatives, exploring and implementing emerging technologies and solutions to improve DLR's sustainability performance and ensure the resort remains at the forefront of zero waste practices.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across DLR and other enterprise environmental teams to influence decision making, including building task-oriented working groups.
- Prepare and present updates to leaders of all levels.
- Build relationships with leaders across the DLR to prioritize environmental action in all of their work.
Outcomes measurement and accountability
- Manage engagement and activations budget, ensuring effective allocation of resources and achieving desired outcomes.
- Develop interim targets and ensure projects are achieving key performance indicators established by the team lead and the organization. Ensure outcomes are captured by DLR Sustainability Analyst for corporate reporting.
- Primary point of contact for Operations to maintain existing waste/recycling programs at DLR
- Lead projects as assigned.
- 3+ years’ experience in environmental sustainability
- Proven project management skills with demonstrated experience to self-manage complex delivery in a fast-paced, matrixed environment
- Deep knowledge of environmental sustainability industry trends and solutions, including around zero waste strategies and effective campaign building
- Experience leading change to deliver positive and meaningful environmentally beneficial outcomes while balancing business needs
- Demonstrated influence & relationship skills across diverse areas
- Ability to synthesize information and present key stakeholders
- Proven ability & true passion for actively teaching & developing Cast & leaders
- Expertise and comfort with interpreting quantitative data required to drive decision-making
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite, including Excel, PowerPoint, Power BI
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
- Advanced degree in relevant field
The Environmental Sustainability Project Manager role is based at the Disneyland Resort and is expected to work normal business hours, with flexibility required as we partner with all areas of the Resort, many of which operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, weekends, and holidays.
Benefits and Perks:
Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
- The hiring range for this position in Anaheim is $82,400 to $113,300 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.