Sr Manager, Project Management
About The Role & Team
In the Human Resources Project Management Office (HR PMO), we deliver complex, high impact projects for the HR Function supporting Corporate, International, and Direct to Consumer (DTC) Lines of Business’. We build and lead a focused portfolio to guide and achieve HR strategies as set by segment and enterprise leadership.
We are seeking a Senior Manager, HR Program Management to lead a team of Sr Project Managers, responsible for delivering a portfolio of large-scale multi-disciplinary strategic Enterprise projects and initiatives with a cross-functional focus to improve how HR supports our Employees, Guests and evolving business models.
Are you ready to be a strategic collaborator who is dynamic, seeks innovative solutions, and can balance analytical capabilities with innovative business savvy and people focused insights to deliver results? You will lead and support implementing strategies and associated initiatives using a consultative, data-driven approach while providing PMO leadership, expert project management skills and a keen eye for transformation. If you are a highly effective communicator and influencer with a passion for finding efficiency, problem-solving and driving multiple projects with a great level of autonomy, we want you ! We always seek out and include varying perspectives and diverse opinions to make our ideas, recommendations and work better.
You will optimally initiate, contribute to, and lead cross-functional teams, along with strong facilitation, project management and change management skills. You will be responsible for stakeholder partnership and project governance at all levels of the organization and across segments encouraging support with various partners.
Now is your chance to join a team that enables our business to think differently and adapt to our changing landscape!
What You Will Do
You will initiative and drive programmatic strategy efforts:
- Develop strategic programmatic frameworks working with cross-functional teams to meet Enterprise & Segment HR objectives
- Drive large scale programs with minimum supervision or guidance through synthesis of content to meet the needs of diverse audiences with a focus on project planning, achievement tracking, budget status, issue identification and resolution, stakeholder management and change management
- Project lead multiple large-scale projects, ensuring clear communication and superior execution of plans.
- Build and maintain project plans, outlining clear deliverables and working with key partners to keep project on schedule and always apply a lens for process improvement and efficiency opportunities
- Ability to directly lead projects as needed
You will advance organizational initiatives and deliver results through superior engagement tactics:
- Strategically collaborate and develop authentic relationships to build influence across groups
- Write, prepare, and build project documents, presentations, and business updates
- Communicate ongoing initiative-related updates and timely
- Leverage current state awareness, external and internal benchmarking, data and analytics to infuse process innovation that drive significant change and improves project results
You will drive support and accelerate initiatives through storytelling:
- Communicate, partner with, align, and influence executives, leaders, peers and partners to support HR transformation programs and strategies
- Support the PMO branding, storytelling and communication strategy and implementation
- Develop compelling executive-level presentations and messages for targeted internal and external audiences designed to influence and provide guidance
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum 10 years of experience in fields related to leadership, project management, human resources, process improvement, transformation or related fields
- Team mentality and can quickly build trust, cultivate collaborative working relationships across many groups and geographies
- Be a role model and enable sense of belonging, equity and inclusion as a key tenant to supporting our successful team and creating impactful partnerships with key partners
- Superior organizational and process skills, as demonstrated by an ability to lead multiple simultaneous projects to achieve milestones and objectives
- Ability to take multiple, innovative concepts and distill into simple, executable strategies that are relevant, pragmatic, and drive results
- Self-starter, acts independently and recognizes when projects need to involve additional partners and decision makers and ability to customize solutions to the context and needs of the organization(s)
- Experience in strategic problem framing, issue identification, and development of practical business solutions
- Exceptional project management, planning, and analytic skills
- Strong integration, collaboration, and conflict resolution skills
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills to include presentation and report design and production
- Ability to self-manage and work effectively with remote leaders and partners around the globe
- Passion and dedication to inviting different viewpoints, encouraging an inclusivity, and supporting workforce diversity
- Knowledge of Corporate, International or DTC Business Units
- Familiarity with Lean Six Sigma and organizational change tactics
- International experience through work assignment or multi-country scope of responsibility
- Knowledgeable of Disney businesses, policies, and procedures
- Ability to flex work hours to accommodate multiple time zones
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent field and experience
The hiring range for this position in Burbank/Anaheim, CA is $156,000 to $199,400 per year and in New York, NY is $159,600 to $209,000. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.