Director Sustainable Operations
Our Company has one exciting mission: To entertain the human race and provide an unforgettable escape. Delivering excellence for our guests, and contributing to building and sustaining our communities, requires collaboration from diverse teams of world-class talent. Our iconic MGM Resorts brands offer a wide variety of exciting career opportunities, each with access to unlimited growth.
The Director of Sustainable Operations within the Social Impact & Sustainability COE of MGM Resorts International will take the lead and champion the development, implementation, and oversight of sustainable practices and initiatives across our diverse portfolio of resorts and properties. This role will be responsible for leading programs and initiatives that align with the strategic plan for sustainability, while enhancing the company's reputation and raising awareness of its sustainability efforts. The Director of Sustainable Operations will spearhead the development and execution of the company's materials and waste strategy, orchestrate sustainable events and client engagements, expand food donations programs, and oversee employee engagement initiatives.
- Lead and oversee the development and execution of sustainable events, engaging both existing clients and new prospects.
- Actively engage and collaborate with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders to champion and propel sustainable events initiatives forward.
- Develop and provide training to meetings and conventions staff, ensuring the seamless implementation of our sustainable events program.
- Collaborate closely with clients to create personalized and tailor-made sustainable events plans that align with their preferences and chosen sustainable elements, delivering exceptional experiences while upholding our commitment to environmental responsibility.
- Foster strong relationships and open communication to drive the adoption of sustainable practices, ensuring the successful implementation of environmentally responsible events throughout our organization and within the wider events industry.
- Establish the company's materials and waste strategy, spearheading the execution of an implementation plan aimed at significantly reducing waste to landfill and achieving our ambitious sustainability goals.
- Actively explore and pilot innovative waste management best practices and cutting-edge technologies to effectively reduce materials going to landfill.
- Lead and expand the implementation of proper food donation best practices, providing comprehensive training to F&B staff to reduce food waste and create a positive impact on our communities.
- Own the reporting of food donations and proactively identify opportunities to maximize the volume and impact of these donations, ensuring our commitment to social responsibility and supporting those in need is effectively realized.
- In the context of MGM's materials and waste strategy, improve sustainable procurment as it relates to product packaging, recyclability, and recycled content.
- Move MGM toward material circularity.
- Ensure compliance with applicable sustainability regulations, industry standards, and reporting requirements.
- Coordinate with internal teams and external stakeholders to ensure accurate and transparent reporting.
- Evaluate various green certifications and determine the ones that the company should continue pursuing or consider for the future, strategically enhancing our brand reputation as a sustainability leader and reinforcing our commitment to environmental stewardship.
- Act as a sustainability ambassador both internally and externally, promoting the company's sustainability initiatives and engaging stakeholders, including employees, guests, investors, and communities.
- Support ENGs (Employee Network Groups) and assist property CSR councils in organizing Green Fairs and other sustainability-related initiatives aimed at engaging and educating employees.
- Lead in developing innovative programs to excite and involve our employee base in sustainability efforts, fostering a strong sense of ownership and commitment to our environmental and social responsibility goals.
- Perform other job-related duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in sustainability, MICE/events planning, or hospitality
Welcome to the SHOW.