Tackle Climate Change Program Coordinator
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
Arlington, Virginia, USA
All locations will be considered where TNC has an already established office. This role is not eligible for relocation assistance
a Little About Us
Since 1951, The Nature Conservancy has been doing work you can believe in protecting the lands and waters that all life depends on. As a science-based organization, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that we can create a world in which people and nature thrive.
We’re rooted in our Mission and guided by our Values, which includes a Commitment to Diversity and Respect for People, Communities, and Cultures. We know we’ll only achieve our Mission by hiring and engaging a diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we work. Whether it’s career development, work/life balance, or a rewarding mission, there’s lots of reasons to love life #insideTNC. Our goal is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that all of our colleagues around the globe feel a sense of belonging, and that their unique contributions to our mission are valued.
Although you’ll see requirements in our postings, we recognize that people come with talent and experiences outside of a job. Passion, innovation, and diversity are all key components to advancing our Mission and we encourage you to apply.
YOUR POSITION WITH TNC
The Tackle Climate Change Program Coordinator will provide team coordination, communications, project management, research, event planning, administrative and other general assistance to program staff across the Natural Climate Solutions, Adaptation, and Low Carbon Future global strategy programs and initiatives. They will assist in building and articulating program strategies and help the team to build efficient processes for organization and communication.
The Program Coordinator will support the Project Manager and business unit Directors to coordinate and align communications and work across the global Tackle Climate Change Business Unit (BU), as well as TNC’s global climate strategy portfolio. They will track, maintain and report on key data related to the scope and priorities of the functional activity. The Program Coordinator must have advanced knowledge of the systems and resources used by the team in order to provide programmatic support and coordinated communications related to the resources. They will support the project manager through managing a variety of initiatives, processes, systems, agendas, and tasks across the operations and conservation portfolio of the Business Unit, including Hub system management, 2030 Organizational Outcomes alignment and progress monitoring across the team, Shared Conservation Agenda strategy, Public Funding Portfolio Management, and BU budget and management reviews.
They will complete activities with multiple variables, setting realistic deadlines, managing timelines, and communicating proactively. They will provide guidance in satisfying requirements based on extensive knowledge of policies and procedures. They will adapt processes and implement recommended practices in order to improve efficiency and effectiveness. The Program Coordinator will take on additional duties to enhance the success of the team, including, but not limited to, developing documentation, providing recommendations and targeted training related to the functional area of the team, and/or enhancing the systems and tools used by the team. They may coordinate logistics for organizational wide meetings and/or special events, projects and initiatives. They will create program materials and perform analysis and research related to program activities. They will coordinate with stakeholders for program success and may serve as the lead liaison with partners or vendors. The Coordinator will communicate with staff in various programs across the Conservancy, as well as with donors, volunteers, vendors, and business relations. They will keep up to date on industry trends and best practices in order to improve services.
Responsibilities And Scope
- Act independently within broad program goals to prioritize tasks in the absence of specific instructions and exercise independent judgment to identify and solve problems.
- Coordinate program activities within and between Tackle Climate Change strategy programs and among cross-functional, cross-divisional teams to find/create synergy across teams.
- Manage and/or track project timelines, tasks and deliverables, and take on special projects.
- Assist with documenting program progress, and metrics tracking and evaluation including internal systems, such as the conservation HUB and BBCRM, to ensure alignment with SCA priorities and fundraising areas.
- Support the creation and maintenance of internal communications systems, such as communities of practice for program areas, Tackle Climate Change Connect webpage, and HET plans, including theories of change and log frames.
- Directly writes and edits program communications, including reports, presentations and donor materials, as needed.
- Demonstrate sensitivity in handling confidential information.
- May manage individual short- and long-term conservation and operation projects.
- Ensure compliance with Conservancy policies and procedures, and external (donor/legal/IRS) requirements; Decisions may bind the organization financially or legally.
- Financial responsibility includes purchasing, processing invoices and transfers, and negotiating and contracting with vendors, and participating in budget preparation.
- Manage projects with several variables - set realistic deadlines, manage a timeline, and ensure accountability.
- May participate in complex negotiations.
- Provide input through project teams for the development and implementation of new initiatives or the improvement of existing programs.
- Travel and work flexible hours, as needed.
- Work environment involves only infrequent exposure to disagreeable elements and minor physical exertion and/or strain.
- Work is diversified and may not always fall under established practices and guidelines.
- Work within scope of program’s strategic goals.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years related experience or equivalent combination.
- Experience generating reports and analyzing and interpreting the data.
- Experience managing and implementing multiple projects.
- Experience with business process analysis and/or improvement.
- Experience with current technology in relevant field.
- Experience working with cross-functional and international teams.
- Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experiences are appreciated.
- Ability to implement complex processes.
- Ability to use existing technology to achieve desired results.
- Demonstrated experience using diplomacy and tact to build strong relationships and motivate staff.
- Experience coordinating projects.
- Experience interpreting guidelines to maintain organizational and legal compliance.
- Knowledge of current trends in the specific field.
- Strong organization skills, accuracy, attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Successful experience implementing strategic program goals.
To apply for job ID 50065, submit your materials online by using the Apply Now button at https://careers.nature.org/. Need help applying? Visit our recruitment page or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
TNC is committed to offering accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please send a note to email@example.com with Request for Accommodation in the subject line.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends.