Sustainability Program Coordinator, Office of Sustainability
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
The Office of Sustainability is currently seeking a Full-time Regular Sustainability Program Coordinator .
Reporting to the Director, Sustainability Reporting & Engagement, the Sustainability Program Coordinator is responsible for supporting the University of Calgary in externally sharing its successes as a post-secondary leader in sustainability. This role is also responsible for successful engagement of the campus community who contribute to reaching the goals of the Institutional Sustainability Strategy.
The Sustainability Program Coordinator supports sustainability initiatives that connect with many units on campus, therefore the position requires exceptional interpersonal skills and an ability to productively engage and inform a diverse range of stakeholders on implementation of the University's Sustainability strategy.
Summary of Key Responsibilities (job functions include but are not limited to):
- Develop and prepare sustainability education materials, for audiences' external to the Office of Sustainability including content for sustainability reports, presentations and stories for the sustainability website in collaboration with communications and other partners.
- Research and identify external sustainability award and granting opportunities, and develop several high quality submissions annually. This involves gathering, assessing and analyzing the requirements of each opportunity, and preparing and presenting the university's submission in a professional manner.
- Support data gathering process for the university's Times Higher Education University Impact Ranking by conducting research into external best practices, analyzing institutional performance, advising campus contributors on requirements, coordinating content reviews etc.
- Coordinate updates to the University of Calgary’s Sustainability website and social media channels, ensuring content is accessible, relevant and presented in the most engaging way in alignment with university guidelines and practices.
- Mentor, coach and support the professional development of student interns in the Office of Sustainability. Support the attraction and hiring of strong candidates, and support onboarding efforts to ensure student interns can be successful in their roles.
- Support the development of specialized tools and other infrastructures associated with experiential learning and sustainability, specifically those that enable students, faculty and staff to staff to be successful, such as building web materials, guidebooks, project protocols and case studies for various stakeholders.
- Support the development of engagement materials for events, presentations and reports such as data related graphics and charts to help to educate and engage students, faculty and staff.
- Coordinate and implement community engagement and storytelling activities associated with the University of Calgary’s various sustainability grant commitments.
- Support for campus and external engagement programs and initiatives as required
- Other duties as required to support the University of Calgary's leadership in sustainability
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with colleagues, students, faculty and staff across the institution
Qualifications / Requirements
- Undergraduate degree that is relevant to sustainability or communications required
- Two to three years of sustainability and community engagement, communications and project coordination experience required
- An interest in and strong understanding of sustainability concepts is required. Related experience is required
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to nurture positive working relationships with various campus communities required
- Must possess strong organization and time management skills, and have the ability to support multiple concurrent projects
- Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communication skills, and experience with web-based communications an asset
- An ability to adapt to shifting priorities and thrive in a fast paced environment is required
- Advanced working knowledge of social media and related web tools, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint with an ability to support the develop high-quality documents and presentations is required
- Previous experience working in a public sector organization is an asset.
Application Deadline: August 11, 2021
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for submitting their resumes. Please note, only those candidates chosen to continue on through the selection process will be contacted.
This position is part of the AUPE bargaining unit, and falls under the Specialist/Advisor Job Family, Phase II.
To find out more about management and staff opportunities at the University of Calgary and all we have to offer, view our Management and Staff Careers website.
About The University Of Calgary
The University of Calgary is Canada’s leading next-generation university - a living, growing and youthful institution that embraces change and opportunity with a can-do attitude. Located in the nation’s most enterprising city, the university is making tremendous progress on its Eyes High journey to be recognized as one of Canada’s top five research universities, grounded in innovative learning and teaching and fully integrated with the community it both serves and leads. The University of Calgary inspires and supports discovery, creativity and innovation across all disciplines. For more information, visit ucalgary.ca.
The University of Calgary has launched an institution-wide Indigenous Strategy in line with the foundational goals of Eyes High, committing to creating a rich, vibrant, and culturally competent campus that welcomes and supports Indigenous Peoples, encourages Indigenous community partnerships, is inclusive of Indigenous perspectives in all that we do.
The University of Calgary recognizes that a diverse staff/faculty benefits and enriches the work, learning and research experiences of the entire campus and greater community. We are committed to removing barriers that have been historically encountered by some people in our society. We strive to recruit individuals who will further enhance our diversity and will support their professional success while they are here. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply, however preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Canada's entrepreneurial university, A top research university