Senior Sustainability Advisor
About the job
West Fraser is a leading diversified forest products company, recognized for the eighth time as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers. We are an established leader in sustainable forestry, high-efficiency wood product production, and innovative manufacturing. We are committed to a responsible stewardship of the environment. West Fraser’s growing team has new roles for talented people who are passionate about continuing our sustainability journey. Our corporate office in Vancouver, BC has an opportunity for a:
SENIOR SUSTAINABILITY ADVISOR
As our Sustainability Advisor, you are a trusted and experienced advisor in reporting, including KPI’s, metrics and ESG data analysis. You are our subject matter expert and thought leader for best practices in ESG and Sustainability Planning.
- Understand and work within West Fraser’s Risk Management process
- Collaborate with stakeholders considering strategic planning and capital/budget planning
- Support the Sustainability team to meet and exceed internal stakeholder needs
- Align with the Sustainability leadership’s direction in broadening awareness in sustainability, both internally and externally
- Manage projects across the business, from sustainability management, reporting, improving operational performance to ESG due diligence, risk assessments, and strategic advisory work
- Develop and execute concepts, strategies, and implementation of ESG Management solutions for West Fraser
- Draft ESG thought leadership messaging to be used across multiple platforms
- Design innovative concepts for sustainable business models and solutions with a focus on environmental and social management, including climate change
- Interpret and apply multiple international ESG protocols that are constantly evolving
- Strong understanding of ESG strategies
- Consulting experience, specifically around Sustainability and ESG
- Strong business process knowledge with an in-depth understanding of how corporate communications and stakeholder engagement operate within a corporate setting
- Strategic and solutions-based thinker and collaborative problem solver
- Strong influencing, relationship building, collaborative and listening skills
- Broad internal and external networks
- Trusted advisor on all environmental matters
West Fraser Timber has over 60 locations across Canada, the United States and Europe. We believe strongly in promoting from within and pride ourselves on providing a challenging environment with continuous development. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. West Fraser offers an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding pension plan.
If this position sounds like the career for you, submit your application including resume and cover letter at www.westfraser.com/jobs click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those short-listed will be contacted.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We are a diversified wood products company with more than 60 facilities in Canada, the U.S., the U.K., and Europe.