ESG / Corporate Responsibility, Sr Associate
This job is no longer accepting applications.
When you join New York Life, you’re joining a company that values career development, collaboration, innovation, and inclusiveness. We want employees to feel proud about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing. You’ll have the opportunity to grow your career while developing personally and professionally through various resources and programs. New York Life is a relationship-based company and appreciates how both virtual and in-person interactions support our culture.
The ESG Associate will provide comprehensive support to the Corporate Responsibility Department at New York Life. This is a fast-paced role that requires the demonstrated ability of multitasking, setting priorities and meeting demanding deadlines. This role also requires excellent communication and writing skills as this person interacts with employees, management and external stakeholders regularly.
The ESG Associate responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- In partnership with various parts of the business, maintain and update ESG Questions Database.
- Work across New York Life and its business units to provide responses to surveys from third parties. This includes developing the response and partnering with legal for approval.
- Aid in annual Corporate Responsibility reporting effort, including collecting and analyzing data for the carbon footprint, HR, etc. Be the main point of contact regarding data for Corporate Audit.
- Participate in the writing of the annual CR Report.
- Work with ESG governance secretary to prepare documents, cover notes and provide presentations
- Lead the development of topics of the ESG webinar and aid in the set-up process for ESG Webinar series
- Help develop and support Green Teams across New York Life.
- Aid in agenda development for Disclosure Working Group and Operational Net Zero Working Team
- Monitor ESG ratings and rankings and provide updates on areas of improvement.
- Maintain the ESG space on our internal homepage, develop and post content.
- Ideate and develop other ESG-related employee activities
- Conduct general research on ESG related topics, including benchmarking, proposals for membership organizations
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in sustainability or related field
- Exceptional written, verbal and communication skills with the demonstrated ability to work with all levels within the organization, including the C-suite
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills; exceptional accuracy and attention to details
- Working knowledge of ESG reporting frameworks and greenhouse gas emissions inventories
- Strong project management skills
- A passion for the work of the department
- High level of professionalism with strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality, good judgment and diplomacy
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Zoom and Teams
We are working on a flexible hybrid schedule, in the office on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and ability to work remote on Monday and Friday
Job Requisition ID: 86266
Your application has been successfully submitted.
For over 175 years, we've been helping people put their love into action. #LoveTakesAction #GoodAtLife Website