Sustainable Aviation Leader
Dronamics has made a commitment to the world, our clients and our investors to operate the most sustainable cargo airlines on earth. Our Sustainable Aviation Leader will take ownership of building sustainable aviation technology into the design of future iterations of Black Swan, by bringing simple yet leading edge technology solutions to our technology roadmap. The Sustainable Aviation Leader will partner with R&D design and engineering leaders to implement the new technologies and as a domain expert work with the Executive Team on communicating our plans and progress to investors and clients.
- Partnering with senior leaders globally to develop and execute the aviation sustainability strategy and develop a coordinated aviation sustainability plan / roadmap to achieve our 2025 goals.
- Building business / investment cases for future aviation technology roadmaps for approval by the Executive Team.
- Leading strategic planning process related to achieving the 2025 Aviation Sustainability Goals and addressing the trends and challenges of the industry.
- Building an annual plan, demonstrating progress towards achieving our sustainability targets.
- Creating and delivering sustainability training throughout the R&D organization.
- Researching and supervising aviation sustainability macro and micro trends, and key topics on the agenda of our customers and regulatory agencies.
- Working in collaboration with the leadership team and peers to gain valuable insights and expertise from within the organization and externally with key ecosystem partners and third parties.
- Working with the PR team to develop a communication plan that raises awareness of our sustainability initiatives and goals, ensuring that we embody our sustainability commitments in all communications, events and activities. Provide the Communications team with regular updates on progress and key news/PR opportunities and ensure that we have regular communication regarding our progress both internally and externally, with investors and clients.
- Building meaningful networks of relationships with external organizations including other brands, consultants and international organizations to position Dronamics as an informed industry leader, progressive force for good and for meaningful technological / design advances in our aircraft.
- Establish reporting processes that enable Dronamics to demonstrate progress and comply with compliance obligations.
- Participating in client and investor communications / discussions as the Dronamics domain expert on sustainable aviation.
Skills & Experience
- A degree in Aerospace Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Significant experience of researching and building sustainable technical strategy for aircraft.
- Experience of establishing and maintaining successful strategic partnerships.
- Expertise in the external landscape related to environmental and social implications within the aviation industry.
- Expertise in sustainability management and reporting. (DESIRABLE)
- Experience in strategic leadership and negotiation.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to work with cross-functional business teams within our global network and with external parties.
- Ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with stakeholders of multiple levels, within and outside the company.
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills, including communicating and marketing sustainability strategy, initiatives and progress, including with clients and investors..
- Strong leadership skills. Ability to lead, contribute, and influence others in a team-based organization
What We Offer
- A competitive compensation package for a Series A company
- Lots of opportunities for personal and professional growth on a global level
- Tons of work, zero office politics - we are here to impact the lives of millions of people around the world
- A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to frame the future of how the world moves goods
- This role will be remote (but preferably in Europe), with regular international travel.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The future is now!