Executive Director, Chesapeake Bay Commission
For more than 40 years, the Chesapeake Bay Commission has served as the Bay region’s policy leader, focused on policy, law, and budgets at the state and federal levels. The Commission works to support the restoration of the waters, land, and habitats, and promote the well-being of the people, that define the Chesapeake Bay. The Commission’s reach and impact are watershed-wide.
The Executive Director (ED) of the Chesapeake Bay Commission reports directly to the leadership and members of the Commission. The ED provides visionary leadership and strategic policy oversight to Commission members and staff. The ED also participates at the highest levels of the Bay Program, providing leadership on the Program’s priorities and actions.
The ED serves as the senior manager of the Commission staff and its offices in the three states of Virginia, Pennsylvania and Maryland. The ED oversees the staff workplans and priorities as well as interactions with Commission members, other elected officials, state and federal agencies, and partner organizations such as environmental NGOs and agricultural and business advocacy groups. Primary responsibilities include:
- Serve as the chief spokesperson for the Commission in a variety of venues, from providing testimony to addressing forums to negotiating with legislators.
- Identify near-term and long-term needs and policy opportunities on important and emerging Chesapeake Bay restoration and protection issues.
- Help create and oversee the Commission’s policy development and strategy at the state and federal level.
- Play a leadership role in securing federal and state appropriations to support restoration.
- Serve as the voice of the Commission in the workings of the Chesapeake Bay Program, maintaining the Commission’s role as the legislative arm of the Program.
- Manage the Commission staff; assign and delegate work responsibilities and provide constructive feedback on staff performance throughout the year.
DRi Waterstone Human Capital, inc. is leading this search for the Chesapeake Bay Commission. For more information or to apply, please visit: https://waterstonehc.com/driwaterstonehc/position/chesapeake-bay-commission-ed/
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Development Resources, Inc.