Hardware Engineer, Display Quality Engineer, Project Starline
- Bachelor's degree in Physics, Optical, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in optics manufacturing quality assurance and testing automation.
- Experience in display modules (liquid crystal cell and backlight), display stack (optical films/adhesives), metrology, cosmetic defects, and root-cause analysis.
- Ability to travel up to 20% as required.
- Master's degree or PhD in Physics, Optical, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
- 10 years of experience in display manufacturing quality assurance and testing automation.
- Knowledge of display supply chain, backlight/LCD fabrication, lightfield display architectures, optical adhesive films, multi-layer (anti-reflection) optical films, micro-optic films, LEDs, and OLEDs.
- Excellent cross-functional ME/EE/SW engineering skills sufficient to report electrical/mechanical quality issues and deliver reliable/accurate quality assurance systems.
- Excellent local language skills (English, Mandarin, Korean) to optimize communications.
About The Job
As the Display Quality Engineer, you will have the opportunity to make a big impact by ensuring that our displays produce the highest visual experience for next-generation telepresence products.
In this role, you will apply rigorous quality standards to our supply chain and display inventory. You will have the opportunity to shape the future of Starline with your efforts, while working with an inspirational team of Engineers, Scientists, and Product Managers, all critical to the success of our program.
Project Starline from Google combines advances in hardware and software to enable friends, families and co-workers to feel together, even when they’re cities (or countries) apart. Imagine looking through a magic window, and through that window, you see another person, life-size and in three-dimensions. As part of the Project Starline team, you'll work with researchers and engineers in a fast-paced product-oriented environment. Our teams collaborate closely with Google Workspace and Research teams. Your contributions will have an impact on the future of communications with Google products. You will apply technology to solve that really important problem that we often want to be together and we can’t.
- Own Starline display quality, from manufacturing to display deployment.
- Fleet management of displays, response, and tracking of reported quality issues.
- Build/design quality assurance stations with Display Metrology, and transfer to manufacturing partners/sites.
- Drive failure root cause analysis at local, customer, and supplier sites.
- Recommend display quality solutions to the Display Production team.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form .
Your application has been successfully submitted.