Sustainability Program Manager Carbon
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook’s Sustainability team drives sustainability strategy, programs and engagement across the company and with our partners. We seek an experienced Program Manager to lead a portfolio of greenhouse gas (GHG) reduction projects as part of Facebook’s climate change initiatives. This role will be responsible for collaborating with the carbon team to identify long term pathways to reduce Facebook’s GHG footprint and will support internal teams in implementing reductions.This role will also guide financial and economic analysis that informs strategic planning for carbon-related programs. This may include evaluation of policy and market trends and climate-related financial analysis on topics such as: climate risk, prioritization of reduction activities, and technical evaluation of partnerships and technologies.
- Implement portfolio of GHG reduction programs that align with corporate strategy and goals through partnership with the Infrastructure Data Centers team and select teams across Facebook’s value chain
- Build and manage relationships with internal teams - facilitate engagement and understanding of Facebook’s sustainability and carbon goals
- Build and manage program framework and tools to enable prioritization, project selection and implementation
- Maintain understanding of carbon markets and evolving policy and climate-related trends - synthesize and share to drive strategic planning
- Drive financial evaluation of emerging opportunities and risks, support evaluation of carbon reduction technology and partnerships
- 12+ years of experience in corporate sustainability or related field with experience building climate-related financial models and risks assessments
- Technical knowledge of carbon reduction strategies, technology and evaluation techniques
- Experience applying economic and policy drivers in strategic planning
- Experience independently driving projects end-to-end within a company’s direct operations and value chain
- Experience delivering projects aligned with large scale corporate goals through influence and collaboration
- Flexible, entrepreneurial spirit with experience influencing across an organization with indirect authority
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together