ISS Corporate Solutions help companies design and manage their corporate governance, executive compensation, and sustainability programs to align with company goals, reduce risk, and manage the needs of a diverse shareholder base by delivering best-in-class data, tools, and advisory services.
Every day, more publicly traded companies are developing and refining disclosures around their environmental and social practices, impacts, and risks. These companies seek expert guidance on industry norms and best practices, shareholder expectations, and external ratings systems like ISS’s Environmental & Social QualityScore.
ISS Corporate Solutions (ICS) is a subsidiary of ISS that provides publicly traded companies with advisory services and software to help solve a wide range of critical environmental, social, and governance (ESG) issues. The Sustainability Consultant role on the ICS team is a fast-paced client-facing role that provides advisory and consulting services on critical environmental, social, and governance (ESG) issues to senior executives at the world’s largest companies.
In this role, you will combine your subject matter expertise and communication skills with our market-leading proprietary data and tools to help progressive companies understand how to evaluate and respond to perceptions of ESG risk and to educate executives and board members about the changing ESG landscape.
On a Daily Basis, You Will
Most of our sustainability work involves helping companies optimize their public environmental and social disclosures to increase transparency and improve their standing on external ratings systems.
- Form and sustain ongoing relationships with senior client executives and management teams to understand their needs and provide them with context and advice tailored to their challenges and goals.
- Analyze evolving ESG trends—including reporting standards, rating systems, and shareholder expectations—to identify key disclosures on which clients should focus.
- Produce and deliver polished client deliverables and discuss them in detail with sustainability and legal executives
- Synthesize information from our ESG databases and platform to uncover actionable intelligence on ESG disclosures and practices.
- Develop industry-leading intellectual capital and thought leadership on ESG topics, including whitepapers, toolkits, webinars, and presentations for individual clients and at industry conferences.
The role requires 10% travel or less, typically for conference attendance and occasional client visits.
- Degree in Business, Sustainability or a related field with an exceptional performance record
- 1-3 years of successful public-company sustainability work experience
- Technical comfort (including the ability to quickly learn and train on customized computer applications)
- Familiarity with GRI, SASB, and other market standards and guidelines
- Effective time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent organization, multitasking, and prioritization skills
- Strong analytic skills
- Superior problem solving skills
- Intellectual curiosity and ability to master complex concepts and technical subject matter quickly
- Ability to diagnose client needs and identify relevant resources
- Proficiency in distilling data using Excel, SQL, or other tools
- Extreme attention to detail
- Proactive in turning to others for assistance when required
- Ability to understand intersection of various ESG reporting standards
Communication and Client Focus
- Ability to present professionally and authoritatively
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to foster and maintain collaborative relationships in a cross-functional environment
- Capacity to quickly establish relationships with executives and be seen as a resource
- Demonstrated poise and grace under pressure
- Should be solutions focused and have the ability to work in unstructured environments
ISS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with the Veteran and Disability Acts.
Your application has been successfully submitted.