Sustainability Programs Administrator
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Sustainability Programs Administrator develops and implements programs and policies in a multi-disciplinary setting, requiring the integration of fields such as engineering, electric, law, communications, and business. This role may work in the following areas: working through complex programs, conducting scientific analysis on environmental/sustainability data, leading project teams, presenting policy recommendations for senior leadership and/or elective officials, and community engagement and education. Further, this position models the organization’s core values and mission in all interactions with internal and external stakeholders.
- Under direction of the Climate Action Manager, coordinates all aspects of developing and implementing water and energy conservation programs. Researches, writes, and implements policy related to water, energy conservation, and efficiency, and evaluates the outcome and effectiveness of such programs.
- Supports the Climate Action Manager in coordinating the resource efficiency programs with the Climate Action Plan and other goals and programs of the department.
- Works with the Communications Department in creating strategies for program adoption and public engagement. Engages with commercial and residential sectors to identify and implement efficiency improvements.
- Ensures that educational campaigns and programs are aligned with partners, including Holy Cross Energy, Black Hills Energy and CORE, and with the goals of the Climate Action Office.
- Plans, hosts, and attends events and conferences as the representative of the City’s resource conservation programs.
- Responsible for implementing inclusive and equitable programming and outreach. Responsible for data collection to assess the effectiveness of programs.
- Service: Provides service with excellence, humility, integrity, and respect in daily work, builds trust by listening, treats people with respect, acknowledges opportunities for improvement, and follows through with commitments.
- Partnership: Actively creates strong, supportive internal and external relationships to attain a common goal and achieve greater impact together.
- Stewardship: Balances social, environmental, and financial responsibilities, evaluating the impact of decision making on a thriving future for all.
- Innovation: Develops technical expertise to pursue new ideas and creative outcomes, grounded in Aspen’s unique culture, opportunities, and challenges.
- Communication: Knowledge of effective and appropriate communication. Ability to use knowledge effectively in various contexts which may require oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication.
- Interpersonal: Works to develop strength in interpersonal skills. Has the ability to work well with diverse groups of people, both inside and outside the organization.
- Technology: Demonstrates technology skills sufficient for the nature and level of position. Demonstrates a willingness to learn new technologies and transition job duties accordingly to support technological advances and innovation.
- Project Management: Knowledge of general business and project management principles and practices as applicable to assigned work.
- Problem Solving: Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Community Engagement: Ability to use a variety of resources to communicate with and engage the community in climate action initiatives.
- Environmental Health: Ability research, analyze, and make recommendations regarding environmental health projects.
- Three years of professional experience conducting scientific analysis, policy development, or program management for a variety of environmental and sustainability issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Policy, Engineering, or related field or any combination and education and experience. *
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and have a basic understanding of computers and online computer-based technology applications, which includes accessing web-based platforms.
* Please note that any combination of experience and education that would likely provide the required abilities, knowledge, and skills as determined by the City of Aspen may be substituted for the requirements above.
Enjoy Industry Leading Benefits:
- Health and wellness benefits, including Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance.
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Cafeteria Benefit
- Wellbeing Program and Incentives
- Homeowner’s Down Payment Assistance
- Competitive 401(a) Employer Retirement Contributions
- Flexible Schedule
- Discounted Ski Passes
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Extended Sick Leave
To submit your application, visit www.cityofaspen.com
Applications will be accepted on a continuous basis until a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received.
The application must be filled out completely; stating "see resume" anywhere in the application, is not an acceptable substitute for a completed application.
Direct any additional questions or inquiries to our Talent Acquisition Business Partner by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The City of Aspen is an equal opportunity employer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.