Sustainability Senior Data Analyst
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Program/Project ManagementJob Details
Salesforce is the #1 CRM, bringing companies and customers together in the digital age. Founded in 1999, Salesforce enables companies of every size and industry to take advantage of powerful technologies — cloud, mobile, social, and artificial intelligence — to connect to their customers in a whole new way. Salesforce serves as a trusted advisor and partner to help companies transform their businesses around the customer.
At Salesforce, we believe that business is a powerful platform for driving positive social and environmental impact for all stakeholders. Our customers and products span every industry, and that’s why we use the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as a framework for action. The 17 goals outlined in the SDGs are an urgent call for action for public, private, and social sectors to come together in global partnership and measure our collective progress against the world's most pressing challenges.
The Sustainability team helps put Salesforce’s full power towards improving the state of the world. We’re looking for an experienced data analyst to bring Salesforce’s carbon accounting & audit program to the next level. If you have strong accounting & analytical skills, experienced in data audit, and passion about using technology/tools to improve processes and accelerate climate action, you are the right candidate for this job!
This position will report to the Sustainability Manager and work closely with the entire Sustainability team and cross-functional business partners.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage and improve Salesforce’s environmental data collection processes by collaborating with internal business stakeholders, including real estate, data center, global travel, etc.
- Track, analyze and report Salesforce’s carbon inventory and progress against our targets using Salesforce Sustainability Cloud and other tools/technologies
- Develop, maintain and improve Salesforce’s carbon emissions forecasting models
- Develop performance metrics, baselines and targets to drive emission reduction programs
- Create and manage complex environmental databases and actionable sustainability dashboards in Salesforce Sustainability Cloud
- Continuously improve Salesforce’s environmental data quality and refine accounting methodologies. This includes collaborating with BI/Data Engineer/Data Science teams to collect more accurate data, and developing new methodologies, processes, and standards to drive more robust impact measurement
- Support and execute Salesforce’s annual environmental metrics audit project by working with internal business stakeholders and external audit firm
- Track and keep abreast of global regulatory developments and changes to reporting standards and best in class corporate behavior
- Manage Salesforce’s sustainability reporting projects including CDP, DJSI, etc.
- Support other sustainability programs as needed
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 3-5 years of strong quantitative experience in GHG accounting, corporate sustainability, environmental science, engineering or related field
- Knowledge of the World Resources Institute and World Business Council for Sustainable Development guidelines on Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Reporting Protocol as it relates to measuring Scope 1, 2, and 3 emissions
- Knowledge of sustainability reporting frameworks, specifically the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB), the Taskforce for Climate Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) and the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI)
- Direct experience in using Salesforce platform/technology. Salesforce certified administrator; Experience with Salesforce Sustainability Cloud is a plus. Experience in software development is a plus
- Experience in the environmental/financial data audit process. Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
- Ability to problem-solve and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work cross-functionally and collaborate with multiple stakeholders
- You pay keen attention to detail and data accuracy
- You have demonstrated passion for GHG accounting and corporate sustainability
- You are self motivated, team-oriented, hands-on, adaptive, and have positive attitude
- You are an exceptional team player and show a strong commitment to collaboration and
- team building
For Colorado-based roles: Minimum annual salary of $80,400. You may also be offered a bonus and benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.getsalesforcebenefits.com/
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Your application has been successfully submitted.