Food Sustainability Manager
Let your passion for people be the driver of your success at Sodexo. Through your leadership, your team will make a real impact every day.
- $2,500 SIGN ON BONUS*
- Relocation Assistance Available*
Sodexo is seeking a Sustainability Manager to support the Universities Dining segment in the greater Baltimore area.
The Sustainability Manager will continually evaluate Sodexo’s approach to sustainability and give advice on making innovative improvements, leading behavior change across the organization to incorporate sustainability in decision-making. Together with the RDM, the Manager will network with professionals in sustainability, corporate responsibility, and related fields within and beyond Sodexo. While experience and formal education in corporate sustainability is appreciated, this position is also an opportunity for an energetic and enthusiastic novice to get practical experience and education in the application of sustainability theories and standards. The ideal candidate has a passion for sustainability issues and corporate engagement. Necessary organizational changes will be approached proactively with a positive attitude and stakeholders will be engaged with respect for their organizational priorities.
- Manage programs focused on reuse, recycling, and compost, as well as relationships with related stakeholders, vendors. (25%)
- Educate staff on sustainability best practices. Communicate internally on organizational progress in diverse media formats. Engage staff in volunteer Green Team activities – e.g. Earth Day, Bike to Work Day, herb gardens, and honey harvests. Support sustainability training and goal setting for staff (25%)
- Maintain facility sustainability policies and guidelines. Review organizational policies and benefits to ensure necessary sustainability inclusions. (15%)
- Research sustainability best practices and innovation for application at Sodexo account. (15%)
- Collect carbon footprint data and work with consultants to complete the annual footprint for National Geographic. (20%)
Necessary Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience supporting change management initiatives and managing diverse groups of stakeholders
- Experience with systems thinking model
- Experience contributing to strategic planning and project management
- Ability to collect and audit data accurately, with close attention to detail .
- Proficiency with Mac or PC presentation tools – such as Word, Excel, Keynote or PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently, keeping track of multiple tasks and deadlines
- Ability to work with and communicate effectively with a diverse group of professionals
- Creative writing skills
- Motivational or change management skills
Learn More About Sodexo’s Benefits
Careers in Universities:
Working for Sodexo in Universities allows you to support students on their path to adulthood and academic success. Located on college and university campuses across the country, Sodexo creates clean, safe living and learning environments that inspire and drive success. Student success depends upon so many conditions – when they are well fed, safe, comfortable and learning in a clean, well maintained environment they are more likely to succeed.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Provides leadership and supervision for the on-site food service exempt and non-exempt level staff in the delivery of our contractual agreement with the client. Provides supervision for food services at account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the company. Implements business practices in order to uphold company mission, values and commitments made in the Sodexo client contractual agreement.
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Utilizes Sodexo tools and programs to develop client, customer, and staff relationships, to ensure account retention
- Implements and fully utilizes all Sodexo tools and programs to ensure financial outcomes
- Directs daily operations of food service to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, inventory and resources, ensures operating standards and regulatory requirements are met
- Develops and implements plans, projects, with defined objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo strategic plan
- Ensures adherence to all HR standards for Sodexo, client, and regulatory agencies.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.