Supplier Relationship Specialist
Current WBD employees will be given preferential consideration for this opportunity.
Location(s): Knoxville, TN or Atlanta, GA
The supplier relationship specialist role is responsible for supporting the relationships between Warner Bros. Discovery (WBD) and its suppliers. This role is tasked with supporting the supplier relationship leader and team.
What you will be doing:
- Preferred supplier, diverse supplier, and sustainable supplier program administration and management of related tools
- Preferred supplier, diverse supplier, and sustainable supplier program internal and external communications
- Preferred supplier, diverse supplier, and sustainable supplier program strategic planning
- Other supplier relationship programs as introduced by WBD
- Researching and identifying prospective suppliers in the areas listed above, interfacing with these prospective suppliers and connecting these prospective suppliers to the appropriate procurement category team(s).
- Developing new supplier relationships as needed, such as working with suppliers to identify new opportunities between the supplier and WBD
- Supporting the procurement team with understanding and use of supplier management processes and tools
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Communication: Communication is the act of transferring information from one person to another. The supplier relationship specialist will communicate with suppliers, company employees and internal clients. Effective communication can help convey clear messaging and encourage others to take action. The supplier relationship specialist must be able to use a variety of communication methods, including phone, email, video chat, prepared presentations, and in-person meetings.
- Conflict resolution: Conflict resolution is the ability to identify and understand the source of an issue, then propose solutions that satisfy all parties involved. A supplier relationship specialist will be responsible for resolving conflicts in the area of responsibility and knowing when to escalate the matter to leadership.
- Time management: Time management is another skill that will help create efficiency in this role as a supplier relationship specialist. Meeting with suppliers, conducting supplier/market research and completing other tasks in a certain amount of time is essential to this role. Having strong time management skills can help prioritize tasks and complete them efficiently.
What you need to have:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree with relevant coursework in supply chain management, business management, accounting, economics, statistics, marketing and/or finance.
It’s a plus if you have:
- Experience in supply chain management, strategic sourcing, or procurement
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Discovery is a global leader in real life entertainment, reaching three billion cumulative subscribers. @DiscoveryIncTV