Sr. Director, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
As a Senior Director, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, you will play a key role on the growing DE&I team at Sony Music Group. In this role, you will build and leverage communications strategies to promote DE&I activities and initiatives internally and externally within the music industry at large. The focus is on operationalized strategic initiatives, managing key partnerships and providing flawless execution to the key DE&I efforts. You will create systems and processes to review DE&I activity across the labels including but not limited to Sony Music Group Employee Resource Groups, label task forces, and operate as the liaison to key internal groups, including DE&I partners in People Experience, Learning & Development and Talent Acquisition.
What you'll do:
- Create and implement solutions to make DE&I more uniform, consistent and streamlined across the organization (e.g. review and approval process for DE&I events).
- Provide in-house DE&I counsel and support across the organization (ERGs) to support and standardize DE&I.
- Lead planning, operations and logistics for DE&I events, programs and initiatives nationally, creating toolkits to support DE&I initiatives across
- Review content, stories, language and answer DE&I questions, as needed, for cultural accuracy and inclusion by providing counsel, guidance and directional
- Conduct ongoing research on best practices and recommended strategies for continuous learning, best practice sharing and improvement to our DE&I
- Provide ongoing analytics and reporting support in partnership with the EVP, Chief Diversity & Inclusion
- Provide specific, practical and actionable tools and resources (e.g. diversity dashboards, templates, forms, surveys) to increase consistency and standardize DE&I.
- Establish relationships with key internal and external DE&I partners, and ability to handle confidential data and
- Manage multiple projects, budget, and partnerships in a fast-paced environment
Who you are:
- 3+ years of senior-level experience in a diversity-specific role creating, leading, and implementing diversity, inclusion, and belonging Global experience a bonus.
- Demonstrated experience in the building of a clear vision for the future of cultural diversity, equity, and inclusion creating a transparent framework to connect SMG’s organizational mission and business strategy that provides transparency and inspires action for all levels and
- Demonstrated ability at driving large-scale culture change efforts in well-regarded and admired companies with the ability to partner with multiple stakeholders to gain their commitment and
- Demonstrated team leadership, coaching, and group facilitation/presentation
- Effective data analysis, problem-solving, and reporting skills; expertise in identifying, collecting, and analyzing data necessary to develop and assess progress toward achieving priorities and develop key strategies.
- Ability to collaborate and influence areas of the business without direct reporting relationships.
What we give you:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
- An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
- Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
- We invest in your professional growth & development
- Time off for a winter recess
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
The anticipated annual base salary for this position is $175k to $190k. This range does not include any other compensation components or other benefits that an individual may be eligible for. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.
Your application has been successfully submitted.