Sustainable Foods & Kitchens, Program Manager
The University of Notre Dame Enterprises and Events ( UEE ) division is currently hiring for the position of Sustainable Foods and Kitchens Program Manager within the department of Campus Dining. The UEE division leads the University’s event management, hospitality, and customer service functions while supporting student life, academic endeavors, and research initiatives. As part of the event management role, the division is responsible for the planning and execution of a wide range of University events from Commencement to concerts and special events on football game weekends. The division is a major contributor of revenue to the University’s mission and employs the largest number of staff on campus with over 1,200 full-time, part-time, temporary, and on-call staff.
What makes UEE special?
The mission of University Enterprises and Events ( UEE ) is to enrich the journey of friends and family in celebrating the spirit of Notre Dame. We encourage a culture that is committed to diversity and inclusion, well-being, and professional development and growth. In addition to supporting the University’s core values (Accountability, Integrity, Teamwork, Leadership in Excellence & Leadership in Mission), we also celebrate our division values of: Joy, Inclusion, Trust, Empowerment, Humility and Kindness with a strong focus on investing in our people and enhancing the employee experience.
Why this position?
This position is responsible for the growth and success of the University Events & Enterprises Sustainability Goals which greatly impacts Notre Dames sustainability results. This position will be charged with creating a robust program to identify, track, and tell the story of our sustainability goals for the UEE . This position will work closely with the Office of Sustainability to partner in finding ways to help the University reach its overarching, formidable goals, within our division. Through their knowledge base, the person in this position will research, consult, and assist the Director of Supply Chain and Sustainability in scrutinizing and sourcing items which fit the University’s necessities. The Sustainable Foods & Kitchens, Program Manager will help create, communicate and facilitate compelling food systems training and community engagement for students, staff and guests, with the Director, other internal and external partners, and peer institutions. This position will also be charged with completely understanding the Universities Food and Nutrition software to execute support to our staff in research capacities, and as a back up to our Program Manager, Business Systems & Optimization.
UEE Commitments to a Diverse and Inclusive Culture
To treat every person with dignity and respect
To value our cultural differences
To harness the strength of our diversity
To commit ourselves to the mission of equality for all
To be diligent in our efforts to listen, learn, and grow with one another
- 3-4 years of related work experience
- Effective communicator, both written and verbal.
- The ideal candidate for this position will need strong interpersonal skills,
- Experience developing social media content,
- Aptitude for applying new technology, strong presentation skills and creativity,
- Advanced competency using MS Office Suite, and Google Drive.
- Must be able to communicate with a wide variety of people including the President of the University, students, to the newest temporary worker, while being comfortable in a fast paced environment.
- Versed in Change Management.
- Bachelors Degree in Hospitality Management, Sustainability, Horticulture Science, Environmental Science, or EcoGastronomy
- Certified Dietary Manager Certification or higher (can be worked toward during the first year of employment at the University)
- ServSafe and Aller-Train, (can be obtained at next session offered after hire) Strong understanding of University dining program business systems such as CBORD , Food Management System Provider, FNS (Food Nutrition Services), LeanPath, NetNutrition, Banner, Tableau (or equivalent) and others.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Department Food Services Administration (55055)
Family / Sub-Family Auxiliary Svcs / Food Svcs (Admin)
Career Stream/Level EIC 3 Specialist
FLSA Status S1 - FT Exempt
Your application has been successfully submitted.
“This college will be one of the most powerful means for doing good in this country.” - Rev. Edward Sorin, C.S.C.