ESG Grad Intern, UHG Office of Sustainability - Minnetonka, MN or Remote
Internships at UnitedHealth Group. If you want an intern experience that will dramatically shape your career, consider a company that’s dramatically shaping our entire health care system. UnitedHealth Group internship opportunities will provide a hands-on view of a rapidly evolving, incredibly challenging marketplace of ideas, products and services. You’ll work side by side with some of the smartest people in the business on assignments that matter. So here we are. You have a lot to learn. We have a lot to do. It’s the perfect storm. And even better? Join us and you may end up staying for a career in which you can do your life’s best work.(sm)
- This full-time internship position will be available starting in June 2023**
- H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for this position**
UnitedHealth Group’s Office of Sustainability is seeking a graduate level intern to join their ESG team for the summer of 2023. Our approach to sustainability reflects our belief that the health of any society can be measured only by the health and well-being of its people. Given our reach and resources – and the millions of people we touch each day – we feel a deep sense of responsibility to chart a more sustainable path forward, helping to build a modern, high-performing health system that improves access, affordability, outcomes and experiences for people who depend on it. That’s what makes a health care system sustainable, and it is embedded in our mission and throughout our business strategy.
As an ESG Grad Intern at UnitedHealth Group, you will have the opportunity to:
- Research, analyze, and share assessments of key ESG issues and trends
- Work across functions and roles within the Sustainability group and across UnitedHealth Group to help accomplish key business and ESG goals - this may include engaging with leaders in Optum or UHC businesses, Treasury, IR, Real Estate, Supplier Diversity, or others with sustainability projects or initiatives
- Attend briefings and meetings with key stakeholders to gain knowledge and summarize topics for leaders of the company
- Use strong attention to detail and time management skills to organize and plan events and meetings - including managing logistics and budget, updating meeting materials, etc.
- Support benchmarking efforts with others (internal or external) to assess evolving efforts of sustainability and how UHG’s peers are participating in this space
- Review, edit, and/or write key documents and deliverables for internal and external use
- Assist in the design and development of presentation materials
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Currently pursuing a master’s degree from an accredited college / university
- Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college/university during the duration of the summer 2023 internship
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs, or current H-1B visa holders will not be considered. H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for this position
- Currently pursuing a master’s degree in Sustainability/ ESG, Business Administration, Public Health, Marketing, Communications, Public Policy, Law or related field
- Experience working on or studying ESG focused initiatives
- Experience in organizing or planning events and meetings
- Experience writing, researching, and editing
- Experience working, volunteering, or interning in a health care, policy, research, or public relations setting
Colorado, Nevada, New York and Connecticut Residents Only: The hourly range residents of these states is $31.77 to $56.86. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
- All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Your application has been successfully submitted.