Senior Community Affairs Specialist
Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.
If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, Nestlé is the place for you. Nestlé USA is one of seven operating companies that make up Nestlé’s presence in the United States. We're in 97% of American homes, and as the leading food and beverage company, our goals are to continue to deliver quality food and beverage products, strengthen our local communities, and reduce our environmental and climate impact.
We’re determined to challenge the status quo and be better tomorrow than we are today. As individuals and teams, we embrace our entrepreneurial culture and have created a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day. Here, you will find limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career and feel empowered to succeed in the workplace and beyond. Because our focus is not only on nourishing our customers, but also about enriching you.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
The Senior Community Affairs Specialist will be responsible for developing community relationships and executing assigned community programs, volunteer events, and employee giving campaigns. This position will focus on social impact including community and employee engagement. This role can be located in either Solon, Ohio (preferred) or in Arlington, Virginia and will work a hybrid-based schedule (3 days a week in office and the rest remotely).
- Actively develop impact-oriented relationships with nonprofit organizations to understand and help address unmet community needs with grants, volunteers, job opportunities, and other resources.
- Analyze and report on impact metrics for an assigned portfolio of community partnerships; demonstrate social return on investment for assigned portfolio.
- Partner with Senior Manager to design and execute enterprise-wide community programs and initiatives to engage employees in addressing food insecurity, nutrition, and sustainability issues in the communities we serve.
- Support Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team in integrating community impact opportunities into Heritage Month Celebrations and other activities
- Regularly solicit collaboration with internal functional teams, advise on community impact opportunities, and help align the personal and professional interests of employees, departments, and brands with charities and cause-related activities.
- “Think with the end in mind” and craft compelling partnerships, projects, campaigns, and initiatives that build community connections with employees, customers, and consumers.
- Facilitate effective storytelling by collaborating with Communications teams and other internal stakeholders early in the community project planning process to design buzzworthy moments and align with other business priorities.
- Champion and help manage the employee engagement technology platform, including training employees to propose new projects, discover impact opportunities, and document community events, fundraisers, and volunteer activities.
- Perform additional duties or special projects as assigned by direct Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Marketing, Communications, Social Impact, Sustainability, or in a related area.
- Minimum 5 or more years of experience in asset-based community development, placemaking, collective impact, cause/brand alignment, corporate responsibility, employee engagement or experience marketing is strongly desired.
- Proven ability to mobilize people to join social or environmental impact initiatives.
- Must have an entrepreneurial spirit, passion for innovation, and a commitment to driving positive social change.
- Must be willing to have a consultative approach to help stakeholders create new connections with causes and community organizations that align with personal and professional interests.
- Knowledge of best practices and trends in impact programs focused on food insecurity, food systems, nutrition, sustainability, community engagement, disaster philanthropy, and similar issues.
- Strong desire to collaborate across teams in a matrix organizational structure, dive in where needed, and offer excellent service to internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience presenting information in a manner that influences, educates, and enhances understanding.
- Must have excellent communication (oral and written), relationship-building and teamwork skills and must be goal-oriented.
- Knowledge of or experience building relationships with nonprofits and diverse populations
- Community outreach, partnership, and coalition building with strong connections to community organizations.
- Ability and experience influencing without authority
- Ability to learn quickly, manage changing priorities in a fast-paced environment, and meet deadlines
- Strong experience and comfort with relationship-building and knowledge of cultural and linguistic sensitivities.
- Bilingual abilities a plus.
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Nestlé seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé home.
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, perceived disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status, as defined by applicable law. Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or please dial 711 and provide this number to the operator: 1-800-321-6467.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Unlocking the power of food to enhance quality of life for everyone, today and for generations to come