Sustainability Senior Advisor
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
Responsible for driving sustainability across all elements of the business. Follow up of internal reporting of sustainability and environmental data. Drive and follow up on sustainability strategy and support the business, to further strengthen our sustainability focus and interact with relevant governmental bodies and clients relating to sustainability towards carbon neutrality and beyond.
- Monitor sustainability trends in the energy sector
- Actively Participate in Sustainability forums
- Keep up to date with current research and legislation via specialist publications, following relevant social media groups and by attending conferences
- Review, review and action Company Sustainability Strategy
- Drive internal communication on all elements of sustainability
- Evaluate Sustainability reporting standards fit to meet Stakeholders focus.
- Engage with government agencies and marketing and commercial team to support and strengthen our sustainability focus and follow up client related sustainability projects with our commercial team
- Have an overview and apply for relevant industry or governmental support programs for sustainability projects
- Continue to monitor and promote sustainability initiatives across the fleet. E.g. zero waste policy, green chemicals, emission reduction plan
- Recommend technologies and explain the most cost-effective and beneficial routes to sustainability
- Participate in internal/external work groups on different sustainability initiatives.
- Consolidation of Sustainability Data from all rigs and offices
- Manage GHG Emissions data verifications by 3rd party verifiers as required
- Deliver yearly sustainability report aligned with Borr Drillings values and vision
- Writing text and stories and editing input from other departments
Ecovadis Sustainability Supply Chain platform
- Support Supply Chain as SME on requirements, data analysis and program improvement initiatives
- Action initiatives to improve Ecovadis score
CDP (Carbon Disclosure Project)
- Answer and submit CDP questionnaire and continuously drive improvements to improve the CDP scoring.
- Drive continuous improvement of environmental procedures, reporting and follow up, investigation of environmental events
- Follow up of waste management and drive relevant improvements
- Compliance with environmental legislation in our operating areas
Qualifications / Experience / Attitude & Behavior
- Previous experience in a similar role is a must
- Experienced and confident to work with all levels, including executives and directors
- Experience from energy or shipping sector is required
- Experience is preferable from an international drilling contractor
- Offshore experience is preferred
- International working is preferred
- Masters degree in relevant subject (experience can substitute degree)
- Experience and knowledge of ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) reporting standards such as GRI, CDP, TCFD, UN SGD goals, Ecovadis etc
- Capable of acquiring and applying detailed legal, technical and regulatory information
- The ability to balance commitment to sustainability whilst maintaining corporate / business standards
- Excellent communication skills to rationally explain, explore and discuss environmental and sustainability issues, as well as selling ideas and services to internal and external executives, including clients and Board of Directors
- Confident in presenting information to various stakeholders, lead client workshops and represent the company at industry events
- Ability to build relationships with a range of people, such as operational personnel, department heads, managers, contractors, vendors and clients
- Ability to manage client expectations around sustainability issues
- Flexibility to work under pressure, responding to changing environments and focus
- Knowledge of environmental issues, but also technological solutions and relevant environmental legislation
- Project management skills to manage a budget, progress and project reporting (sustainability projects)
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills to enable you to think outside the box and spread your ideas
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills for analysing and interpreting quantitative and qualitative data, carrying out research, writing reports and making recommendations
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Borr Drilling Limited is an international drilling contractor to the oil and gas industry, with the ambition of acquiring and operating modern drillin...