Sustainability Strategy Director
Role: Sustainability Strategy Director
Department: Futerra Strategy
Reports into: Chief Strategy Officer
MORE ABOUT US
Futerra is a change agency – a hybrid strategy consultancy and creative agency. Our mission is to make sustainable development so desirable it becomes normal. We believe sustainability is both a billion-dollar opportunity for business and a chance for us all to change the world for the better. We work with the world’s leading brands to find and unlock that opportunity through smart strategy and world-changing creative.
Futerra is mission owned. Everyone here joins to shape a world where social justice triumphs and racism is consigned to history - a world that is low-carbon, regenerative and circular.
We’re a tight and global team of committed people who pool their passion and abilities to work with huge brands and ground-breaking start-ups to drive positive change. Anti-racism, intersectional sustainability and climate justice are deeply held commitments in Futerra, and we will keep walking towards them every day.
We’re also a great place to work, dedicated to creating a climate of inclusion, equity, and belonging. A small place where teams of committed people get together to pool their passion and abilities to work with global players and innovative disruptors to drive positive change.
And now, we’re looking for someone to join us, to help drive more of that that change.
MORE ABOUT YOU
We are looking for an experienced Sustainability Strategy Director to support our Chief Strategy Officer by leading project teams to work on sustainability change projects in the USA but also right across the world.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in international sustainability consultancy having developed and launched strategy frameworks for major businesses that set out a bold agenda for change backed up by public commitments and actionable plans for delivery.
Whilst a degree and/or masters in sustainability is desirable, what really matters is your proven experience in identifying opportunities for change in clients and then developing clear priorities, targets, indicators and policies that make it happen.
You should be an inventive and tenacious self starter, capable of working as part of a cross functional agency team to blend sustainability strategy with compelling copy and stunning visual design to create an integrated package that inspires and engages audiences and triggers real change.
You will also have a proven ability to identify new business opportunities and convert them into projects through the development of detailed proposals and compelling pitches.
Sustainability skills – You will have experience of all or most of the following disciplines:
· Stakeholder engagement and materiality assessment
· Issue prioritization and strategy framework creation
· Detailed sustainability target and indicator development
· Governance framework and policy development
· Carbon foot printing and/or carbon reduction planning
You will share our values on anti-racism, inclusion and equity and be excited at the prospect of working within a diverse, multigenerational team. We strongly encourage people of every colour, orientation, age, gender, origin, and ability to apply, with the understanding that you will be adding to Futerra’s diverse team. Because we value a diverse and equitable workplace, we prioritize an inclusive climate absent of discrimination and harassment during the application process and after you join the team. In addition, you will be given the support and resources, through a personal development plan and training opportunities, you need to grow your skill set, as well as work with your Manager to understand advancement and growth opportunities at Futerra.
WHAT YOU’RE HERE TO DO
· Working with clients to identify prioritized stakeholder lists
· Identifying issue longlists and shortlists and creating interview guides/score cards
· Completing stakeholder interviews and ranking issues to produce a matrix
· Providing commentary on matrix and implications for strategy development
Vision and strategy framework creation
· Identify priority and foundational issues for inclusion within strategy
· Develop vision and strategy framework concepts in partnership with planning and creative teams
· Refine into full vision and strategy frameworks comprising clear priorities, bold goals and proposed targets meshed seamlessly with headline vision and narrative.
· Work with creative teams to bring the strategy framework to life through compelling and credible copy combined with inspiring and engaging visual design.
Target and indicator development
· Develop detailed target and indicator summaries including boundaries, definitions, deadlines and measurement metrics
· Work with cross functional client teams to evolve and lock down targets in readiness for implementation and publication.
Policy and governance development
· Develop governance and policy frameworks that ensure professional and effective embedding and implementation of vision and strategy frameworks.
WHAT ELSE YOU NEED TO KNOW
Futerrans are usually confident in:
- Writing inspiring and credible content for proposals, pitches, workshops and strategy documents.
- Personal communication skills and ability to engage and influence client teams in workshops and meetings.
- Capacity to lead and develop a team of ambitious and capable international sustainability strategy professionals.
- Desire to constantly reassess the social sustainability landscape and ability to work with others to evolve our offer.
You will be responsible for managing a small team of sustainability professionals and for working in close harmony with our accounts, planning and creative teams.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
· Competitive salary, dependent on experience.
· Company bonus share scheme, discretionary and dependent on the profits of the company
· Company private medical, dental and vision
· Enhanced disability benefits, long term disability and supplemental disability insurance
· 25 days annual leave
· Life Insurance and AD&D
· Retirement Plan 401(K)
· Mobile phone and MacBook
· Up to five volunteer days annually
· All-agency Away Days every year
PLEASE NOTE we can only consider applications from candidates who hold the right to work in the United States.
We encourage all applicants to read through our Candidate Privacy Notice upon application - https://www.wearefuterra.com/candidate-privacy-policy/
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The change agency, making sustainable development so desirable it becomes normal. We are an independent, mission-driven #BCorp